- Read at least TWO of the books listed below.
- Choose one of the authors and write a letter to the author telling him or her what you liked about the book. DO NOT INCLUDE any questions in your letter! It should be facts and comments on the book.
- USE THE CORRECT FORMAT for a friendly letter.
- Bring the letter with you, on the first day of school.
- HAPPY READING!
Checklist for writing a friendly letter
|Has an address|
|Has a date|
|Has a greeting|
|Has main body|
|Has closing and signature|
|I have checked my spelling|
|I have checked my punctuation|
|Has periods and capital letters in the correct places|
- Lunch Money by Andrew Clements
- Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary
- Fourth Grade Rats by Jerry Spinelli
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
- The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
- The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes